The New National Environment Standard for Plantation Forestry
The National Environment Standard for Plantation Forestry (NES-PF) provides a set of nationwide rules for plantation forestry activities that need to be followed if you have a plantation forest (or are thinking of having one) on your land.
Greater Wellington will give effect the NES-PF by:
- Receiving notifications of various forestry activities that meet NES-PF rules;
- Requesting management plans, if required;
- Monitor compliance with the NES-PF rules; and
- Process resource consents and carry out compliance with activities that do not meet NES-PF rules
It will be your responsibility to ensure that you:
- Familiarise yourself with the rules under the NES-PF and guidance material to ensure you can comply;
- Notify Greater Wellington of forestry activities captured by rules in the NES-PF, using this form;
- Check with us to see if your existing activities are covered by existing use rights; and
- Check with us to see if any existing resource consents you hold give full effect to the NES-PF
If you need help, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.