Kaitoke Regional Park Pig Hunting Permit Application
We are opening specific areas of the Kaitoke Regional Park for pig hunting. This is for the use of dogs and knives and excludes firearms. If you wish for a broader hunting permit, go to the Kaitoke Hunting Permit page.
1. This permit is issued in accordance with Greater Wellington Regional Council Bylaws for Forests, Parks and Recreation Areas 2009. Copies of the Bylaws are available at GWRC office or www.gw.govt.nz. All permit holders must make themselves acquainted with all rights and obligations under the Bylaws.
2. This permit must be carried with you at all times and presented to an authorised officer on request.
3. This permit only allows hunting on land designated by the permit map. The permit holder must obtain permission to cross any private land from the owner or occupier.
4. It is prohibited to:
Hunt outside the hours of daylight
Hunt, trap, shoot or kill any bird or other native fauna
Cut or remove any trees, shrubs or other produce of GWRC lands
5. Firearms and hunting bows are prohibited within the permitted area.
6. Hunting dogs must be registered and details lodged with GWRC when applying for a permit. You may take up to three dogs per permit holder and they must be fitted with tracking collars.
7. No dogs listed on a local authority database as dangerous may be used for pig hunting purposes in the permitted area.
8. All kills must be in the permitted area and 50m away from private property. Bury carcasses and offal well away from walking tracks, streams, access roads and gates
9. By giving permission to enter GWRC land the permit holder agrees that this is entirely at his or her own risk.
10. Permit holders shall exercise due care of other forest users and the environment at all times.
11. Bury toilet waste well away from water courses
12. This permit is not transferable and must be surrendered on demand to an authorised officer. An authorised officer or public notice issued by radio, website or local media may cancel the permit at any time.
13. Permit holders are warned that poisoning and/or trapping of possums and other pest animals may occur in the area covered by this permit. Please do not touch baits, lures or carcasses found. GWRC accepts no responsibility for any injury or loss caused by a person or animal being caught in a trap.
14. Failure to adhere to these conditions will result in cancellation of the permit and/or trespass orders issued.
Please tick the box to acknowlege you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this permit.